torsdag, oktober 09, 2008

Burnt honeymooners spotted on the Golden Gate Bridge

Yes, it's true. I am in California for 2 whole weeks, and yes, I did not bring my sun lotion. I also did not purchase such a bottle upon arrival, or even before going on a 6 hour bike ride wearing a tank top. So yeah, that's settled then, and Daniel is rubbing my back and arms with aloe vera every hour.



I'm writing in English as a way of honouring one of my best friends in life, April the sunny and funny girl from Manitoba, Canada. I have not seen her since the day in June 2000, when I got on the train leaving my aupair life in Engelberg Schweiz, going back to Sweden. The other night when I flew over seas I acctually sorta flew over Winnipeg Manitoba, and that's the closest we've been since.

Anyway, I am a happy honeymooner. First time in the US ever, and I did not quite know what to expect, except some alone time without work or dog with the lovely Daniel (also referred to as "The Husband"). I love Mir to the bone, and miss him heaps, but it's also nice to be away just the two of us after becoming a "parent" this summer. We have so much time on our hands before going back home, but we have already experienced so much.

After fighting off the jet lag pretty good (we simply did not sleep for the entire flight), we are early birds and have spent the mornings walking around, in the harbour, in parks, in the financial district. I work in the financial district of Stockholm, and it's a wee bit funny to see that the dress code seems much more strict there than here. Today we rented bikes and went along the costal trail before the bay fog lifted. This leaves me with the strongest views I have ever seen. The ocean is so powerful! After biking over the bridge and back, we went home via Fishermans Warf and In 'n out burger. Awesome!

San Fran is a strangely steep city, and combined with sky scrapers and small crowded houses all in different styles, we just won't get bored walking around all day I think. Some excursions planned though, such as a trip to Great America or Six Flags amusement Park, as well as a wine tour.

Läs även andra bloggares åsikter om , , , , , , ,

3 kommentarer:

April sa...

Awww....you just made my day. Thank you for thinking of me, and sharing your beautiful trip in a language I can understand. How sweet of you!!! Lol...you are too funny. No sunscrean!? My silly silly girl. Lucky you have that husband of yours and a good supply of Aloe Vera gel. Hope it is getting better and doesn't take too much away from your fun! Aw, sad to know you were overhead for a brief moment on your way down there....and I still remember the train pulling away from Engelberg as clear as it was yesterday. C'est la vie. Can't wait to hear more about your journey. ♥ ♥ ♥

Mikkan sa...

Yeah, I'm obviously not that smart.. Quite a stingy sensation today.

I will write more tonight, we've done so much in just a few days, crazy how that is, we've only been here for 4 days and it feels like a week or longer. I guess we just settled in quickly and did not waste so much time on jet lag as we first anticipated.

Bloggerskan sa...

My "Lille mannen" is "Hubby" in English. ;) I think I'll have to find out a nickname in French, too... Le petit mari, peutêtre? Der kleiner Mann? L'Uomo piccolo? Hehe...